Weather Conditions Presentation, İngilizce Hava Durumu PPT
Weather2 - Presentation Transcript
1. Sometimes it is hot outside, sometimes cold. Sometimes it is dry, sometimes wet. Sometimes the air is still, sometimes breezy. What are these conditions called? Weather
2. Rain When water falls from clouds onto the Earth, what is it called?
3. Flood When we get too much rain. What is it called?
4. Snow When it is very cold outside, fluffy, frozen water may fall from clouds in the sky. What is it called?
5. Ice When it is extremely cold outside, the top layer of lakes and ponds will freeze over. What is the word for frozen water?
6. Hail Sometimes, when it is cool outside, frozen, hard balls fall from the clouds. What are these balls called? The balls are made out of frozen water.
7. Sun What warms the surface of the Earth?
8. Thermometer What is the name of the device that is used to measure temperature?
9. Wind What is it called when air moves?
10. Weather balloon What is the name of the device that is sent high into the atmosphere to measure temperature, wind speed, air pressure, and other things?
11. Weather vane What is the name of a simple device that lets us know which way the wind is blowing?
12. Cloud What is the name of a puffy thing that moves across the sky? It is made of water that is in a gaseous state.
13. Rainbow Sometimes, if the Sun is shining while it rains, you can see a huge arc of colors across the sky. What is it called?
14. Tornado or Twister Sometimes, when wind goes around in a circle, it goes faster and faster until it is a very destructive force. What is it called?
15. Hurricane Another type of storm is very wet and very windy. It comes from above the tropical oceans and goes onto land, causing a lot of destruction. What is it called?
16. Thunderstorm This type of storm is very noisy and has very bright flashes of light. What is this storm called?
17. Lightning These are bright flashes of light and electricity that come from the sky to the ground. They are dangerous and can make a loud, scary sound. What are these bright flashes called?
18. Dust storm This type of storm is very windy and very dry. It carries bits of dust across the land. What is this storm called?
19. Water cycle Water is constantly recycled on Earth. Water falls from the clouds onto the Earth. It flows in rivers into the oceans. The water evaporates and turns into clouds, which make rain again. What is this cycle called?